Effective Date: 5/5/2023
Please contact the Poppies Bakeries Privacy Office or submit a question or request regarding your privacy rights SUBMIT A PRIVACY REQUEST.
You can also contact Poppies Bakeries Data Protection Officer, by writing to 6610 Corporation Parkway Battleboro, NC 27809. We will not respond to requests that are not privacy related.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
By agreeing to use this site or contacting us via e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provided, including:
- Forms completed on the Site;
- Correspondence by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Site registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
- Discussion boards/social media functions on the Site;
- Entries into various competitions, promotions and research surveys;
- If applicable, resume, work history or other job application information;
- Reporting issues or requesting support for the Site.
The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number (mobile and home), date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images and/or comments.
When utilizing our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also collect information regarding device usage (ex: phones, computers, or other devices) where and how you access and visit our Sites. This collected information may include unique device identifiers and mobile network information (including phone number), IP address, language and time zone, operating system, hardware version, device locations (including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi signals).
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may work with third parties (EX: business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use this Site or other Poppies Bakeries websites that authorize and connect to your online profiles, accounts or services (including social media accounts) (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. Information we collect from Connected Accounts includes email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please make sure to review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
If you are applying for a job at Poppies Bakeries, or at any affiliated entities, we may use information provided to communicate with third parties regarding applications submitted to the extent permissible by law, including verification of credentials, work history, references, background checks, or other job application-related purposes.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
The following is how information may be used:
- To help respond to inquiries and questions;
- To provide relevant information products/services;
- To provide, or permit selected third parties to provide information about other goods and services that are similar to those already purchased or queried about or those products and services that we feel may interest you;
- To provide and/or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising through online properties and websites you visit about goods/services that you find interesting (refer to Cookies Policy);
- To measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising;
- To track the results, number of entries and progress in competitions and promotions.
- To allow usage and interaction with our Site (EX: posting comments or to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms);
- To carry out specific obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request;
- To manage access to the products/services and to notify you about changes to the services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To administer our Site as well as for internal operations (EX: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes);
- For site improvement and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- In order to provide Site safety and security;
- If you have applied for a job or submitted a request for application at Poppies Bakeries, to review, verify, and evaluate your job application information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personally identifiable data (PII) with any Poppies Bakeries Company and with selected third parties including:
- Any and all business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Vendors, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Advertisers, advertising networks as well as social networks that require data to select and serve relevant advertisements. We may also use aggregate and additional information to help advertisers reach targeted audiences. We may use personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ requests by displaying their advertisement to that targeted audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that provide us assistance in the improvement and optimization of our Site;
- Third parties that you provide consent to or request such sharing.
We may disclose your PII or personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- In the event that Poppies Bakeries Company that controls this Site or a majority of all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case PII and personal data collected about its customers will be one of the transferrable assets;
- To any additional third parties where lawful.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
However, the transmission of information over the Internet can be risky and pose various security issues. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is STRICTLY at your own risk.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
Various portions of content, functionality and advertising on the Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example, utilizing sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will be used to authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share personal data with us for collection and processing. Open ID services give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page and to share with others within your network.
Many of these organizations participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, and European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
CHILDREN AND MINORS
This Site is intended for usage by adults at least 18+ years of age. This Site is not targeted or directed towards children or minors (as defined by local law) and Poppies Bakeries does not knowingly collect, process or use information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with applicable law you are entitled to object to, or request the restriction of processing of your personal data. You also have the right to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own PII or personal data by contacting us at https://poppies.us/contact-us. Identity verification and authentication may be required in order to accept and process any requests.
In accordance with applicable law you may also be entitled to submit a complaint with a supervisory or regulatory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law or is unlawful in any way.
You are responsible for the accuracy of your own information and for keeping your information current and up to date. You may also update, modify or correct collected information by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” (https://poppies.us/contact-us) section.
We will store and retain your information for the period of time your account is active or as needed to provide you with applicable products and services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with any legal obligations, lawful requests, dispute resolutions, and in order to enforce any agreements.
In order to receive and subscribe to our newsletter(s) and/or digital communications, we will collect and use your personal data (EX: name and email address) to satisfy any materials requests. WE CARE about your Privacy and you may opt to stop receiving any communications, newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, utilizing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact Us” (https://poppies.us/contact-us) section.
If you have submitted an application for a job at Poppies Bakeries you may have certain rights under local law regarding your application or our evaluation. You may submit any requests to exercise your rights as described in the “Contact Us” (https://poppies.us/contact-us) section.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The residents of the state of California enjoy certain rights regarding the collection, processing, usage, disclosure, and sale of personal data. As defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we participate in industry-standard advertising business practices that may be considered a sale. We do not knowingly sell, collect or process any personal data related to children under 16 years of age.
Poppies Bakeries has sold personal data in the last 12 months:
- By allowing partner advertising networks to embed and place cookies or other tracking technologies through our sites;
- By sharing pseudonymized or hashed identifiers with advertising networks to create audiences for use in various online advertising.
California residents have the right to request:
- Disclosure of personal data collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you;
- Deletion of your personal data that is stored on our systems;
- To opt out of any sale of personal data.
How to Opt-Out and Additional Privacy Choices
There are 2 main categories of PII or personal information Poppies Bakeries may possess which are not connected:
- Name, email or physical address, purchase history, or other information that identifies you (“Profile Information”). To opt out of the sale of Profile Information, or to designate an authorized representative, or to make a general privacy request, or for more information, SUBMIT A PRIVACY REQUEST or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any interactions with Poppies Bakeries websites, stores, or apps that use identifiers that cannot directly identify you (“Cookie Data”). To opt out of the sale of Cookie Data use the cookie consent tools available on the site. Look for a banner, link, and/or button with the text “Cookie Choices.”
Poppies Bakeries may authenticate requests regarding Profile Information by confirming that the requestor controls the email address and is lawfully associated with the personal information inquiry. We reserve the right to take additional steps or require additional information to authenticate and verify your request.
You have the right not to receive any discriminatory treatment for exercising any and all of your privacy rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
You can opt out of having PII and any specific personally identifiable information shared with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes by SUBMITTING A PRIVACY REQUEST.
How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Our website responds to and supports the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behavior.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Communications, marketing materials, newsletters and other marketing communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. When following a link to any of these websites, it is important to note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these other policies.
USERS OF SITES IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Automated decision-making technologies may be utilized by us, including but not limited to profiling, in order to support our data processing activities. Some of our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that can identify products, services, communications, or offers that we believe may interest you. This service helps us personalize your interactions with Poppies Bakeries. You may see certain marketing communications, online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your engagement with our Sites or interactions with Poppies Bakeries Companies or third party partners.
In some instances, you may be required to provide personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to provide an optimal user experience and to use all the features of the Site.
- Transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Using specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection, it has in Europe.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of relevant safeguards by contacting Poppies Bakeries as described “Contact Us” https://poppies.us/contact-us) section.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Site and use its features. The information collected by these cookies relate to the operation of our Site, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Site.|
|Performance / Analytics||These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our Site, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Site. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Site and never to identify you. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.|
|Functionality||These cookies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our Site from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customize, in order to improve your experience of our Site and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.|
|Targeting or Advertising||These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit, and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example advertisers.|
|Social Media||These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Site with social media organizations such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the privacy policies of these organizations for how their cookies work.|
- (i) To collect anonymized data on users behavior on the site. We also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data and may use that data to analyze user behavior across multiple sites;
- (ii) To categorize pools of users (on an anonymized basis) based on demographic and/or behavioral data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Poppies Bakeries websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorized cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Poppies Bakeries has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Poppies Bakeries has “sold” to these third parties.
We may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about demographics and interests. When viewing or clicking on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. For more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, or visit www.youronlinechoices.eu, which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy.
We, or various third party partners, could employ web beacons (also known as web bugs, clear gifs or pixels) which helps to understand what content is effective (EX: number of users who have visited these pages, usage patterns). Web beacons are graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are used to determine content usage. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded on web pages, ads, and e-mail. We, or our third-party partners, may process and connect data by web beacons to the other information we collect about you. You have the right to disable cookies and other tracking technologies as described above, or may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, and other service providers by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, and European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
Most Internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalized features, if you delete or disable cookies.